At Hunterdon Hematology Oncology (HHO), our commitment to the health and safety of our patients and staff is unwavering. We continue our efforts to keep up to date and in accordance with the latest evidence based advisories from both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the World Health Organization. These guidelines have been endorsed by the New Jersey Department of Health as well as local health departments.
Here are key activities we have taken to ensure that HHO remains a safe, trusted place for our patients to receive care.
- Our office will continue to remain open at this time with a small change in our normal business hours to 8am-4pm.
- We are requesting that no visitors enter the office with the exception of those caregivers who assist patients with transport, translation, etc. in which case only one visitor will be allowed (after being screened-please see our screening policy) . There will not, unless there is a significant need, be any visitors in the treatment areas.
- Whenever possible we are using telehealth visits for non-critical visits such as six-month or yearly follow-ups.
- All patients entering the HHO office are being screened (please see our screening policy). Our office staff members are trained to respond swiftly and appropriately to any patient demonstrating symptoms of illness or potential exposure to the coronavirus.
- Our office is being cleaned and sanitized throughout the day to reduce the risk of infection including removal of unnecessary items such as magazines and newspapers.
We have developed and continue to update our staffing plans to ensure that we have a ready workforce capable of delivering high quality care to our patients.
- Our administrative departments will continue to provide the necessary support and, wherever possible, staff members are working remotely from home, with access to all necessary tools to serve our patients and practice.
- Our pharmacy will continue to dispense medications and ensure timely delivery of oral oncolytic medications and the medical assistants will remain available for injection visits for therapies such as Prolia, Procrit, and B12.
- Our laboratory will remain open for blood work.
Here at HHO we are continuing to monitor this rapidly changing and unprecedented situation. We will continue to keep informed and provide updates as needed.
From the doctors and staff of Hunterdon Hematology Oncology, thank you for entrusting us with your care.
Dr. Megha Shah, M.D.